Did you know that 47% of Americans think your smile is the most important feature? Many people agree that your teeth can contribute to your success in business, and there’s no doubt that a good-looking grin will boost your self-confidence. While it’s important that your teeth look great, they’re also a vital part of your overall health and wellness. Find out the five best ways to take care of your oral health with these tips from your dentist in Topeka, Dr. Michael Michel. In this post, the team at Michel Dental brushes up your hygiene skills and teaches you how to keep your smile healthy and beautiful.
What Are The Top 5 Tips For Dental Health?
Dr. Michel is a trusted expert in oral healthcare, and he always advises his patients to follow the strategies below to keep their teeth shining bright:
- 2×2 – Brush gently for two minutes, twice a day, and floss when you brush. Remember that more pressure is not better and doesn’t make up for brushing for too short an amount of time.
- Right Tool for the Job – Make sure to change your toothbrush every three months, and consider switching to an electric one that prevents gum recession by using the right amount of pressure Also, use a toothpaste with stannous fluoride in it – this safe, natural substance remineralizes your teeth.
- Eat Healthy – Limit sugar in both foods and beverages since it causes tooth decay and cavities. Eliminate soda and energy drinks and stick to water as your beverage of choice. Load up on leafy greens, and say cheese, since this dairy product can protect enamel.
- Don’t Smoke – If you use tobacco in any of its forms, you’re putting yourself at risk for oral cancer. Not only does this unhealthy habit stain your teeth, cause bad breath, and increase gum disease, it also leads to premature tooth loss. Quit today and improve your overall health along with your smile.
- See Your Dentist – No matter how well you take care of your teeth at home, nothing is a substitute for professional care. Visit Dr. Michel at least twice a year for preventive care like exams and cleanings – his compassionate chairside manner and friendly staff will give you the best patient experience in Kansas.
BONUS TIP: Consider an Upgrade – Straight teeth are healthy teeth. Proper alignment prevents chips, breaks, gum disease and tooth loss. And, if you want a perfectly aligned smile without a mouthful of metal, Invisalign from Dr. Michel is for you. Check out these impressive results and talk with him to find out if invisible treatment is right for you.
Remember, your teeth not only make you look great, they’re a vital part of your overall health and wellness – they help you chew, speak, and maintain bone tissue. Follow the tips above and you’ll have a smile that lasts a lifetime.
Now that you know the five best ways to take care of your teeth, schedule your appointment with Michel Dental today and keep your grin radiant!