September 1, 2016
It’s a fact of life: the appearance of your smile affects how people perceive your personality. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that research supports this idea. In fact, a bright smile practically guarantees a great first impression.
Dr. Michael Michel, cosmetic dentist in Silver Lake, agrees and offers a wide range of aesthetic dental services tailored to change your healthy smile from dull and drab to fabulous. Even one simple treatment can make a huge difference. Learn how a smile makeover at Michel Dental works.
Common Cosmetic Defects and How to Solve Them
- Teeth whitening The majority of adult dental patients tell their Silver Lake dentist that if they could change one thing about their smiles it would be the color. Stains from cigarettes, coffee, dark foods (such as blueberries and curry) and the aging process yellow white teeth While whitening toothpastes and rinses have their place, they don’t brighten tooth enamel as effectively and safely as professional teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening, supervised by Dr. Michel, uses concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel to bleach out deep stains. Applied in the office or at home via custom trays, whitening brightens enamel by an amazing 8 shades without any gum or tooth sensitivity. Ask about our wonderful Whitening for Life program.
- Porcelain veneers Some stains are too dark for whitening. Porcelain veneers cover deep discolorations, plus small chips, cracks and other imperfections. Often called “instant orthodontics,” veneers strengthen tooth structure, too. They are custom-designed for a perfect color, shape and size match and are bonded permanently to the front side of teeth in the smile zone.
- Tooth-colored fillings Gone are the days of ugly metal fillings. Tooth-colored fillings bond permanently to tooth structure and beautifully restore decayed enamel with a perfect color match and seamless borders. The innovative composite resin also may fill small spaces between teeth, smooth uneven surfaces and repair chips and cracks.
- Porcelain inlays and onlays Also referred to as partial crowns, inlays and onlays replace large fillings or cracked tooth structure. Dr. Michel custom designs these cosmetic restorations which either fit between or on top of the cusps, or corners, of The material is strong and color matched.
- Invisalign clear aligners Amazingly quick orthodontic correction, Invisalign uses invisible aligners to move crooked teeth to better positions. Popular with teens and adults, Invisalign is a more comfortable and easier way to achieve a straight smile using no metal wires or brackets.
A Smile Analysis
This may sound complex, but from the patient perspective, it involves a friendly conversation with Dr. Michel, along with digital X-rays, an oral examination and other kinds of imaging as required. Depending on your goals and budget, he formulates a care plan to deliver your most attractive smile ever!
Contact Michel Dental today for a personal consultation. Anticipate a lifetime of beautiful smiles.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.